2021-1-25 SAB Meeting

 

 

 

Public Page

 

 

      
   CIECA 500 Westover Dr  #11617; Sanford,  NC  27330 

Date

Jan 25, 2021

ANTITRUST STATEMENT

As participants in this meeting, we need to be mindful of the constraints of antitrust laws. There shall be no discussions of agreements or concerted actions that may restrain competition. This prohibition includes the exchange of information concerning individual prices, rates, coverages, market practices, claims settlement practices, or any other competitive aspect of an individual company’s operation. Each participant is obligated to speak up immediately for the purpose of preventing any discussion falling outside these bounds.

Agenda

  • Welcome

    • Anti-Trust Statement & Approval of previous meeting minutes

  • SAB Meeting Guidelines

    • Jira Reports

    • ALL COMMITTEES

      • Review Active Committees

      • Implementation Mode/Inactive Committees:

        • Parts Procurement Committee:  Mike Hastings and Cindy Chapman

        • Calibration Committee:  Darrell Amberson

        • Vehicle Damage and Imaging Committee (Incl. PDR):  Phil Martinez

        • CER (Combined Environmental Reporting) Committee:  Steven Schillinger

        • CSI Committee:  Vacant

        • First Notice of Loss (FNOL) Committee:  Clint Marlow, Benjamin Davis

        • Glass Committee:  Kathy Goddard

        • Motor Vehicle Title Committee: Vacant

        • Photo Estimate Committee: Greg Best

        • Rental Management Committee: Kim DeVallance

        • Repair Order Project:  Mike Hastings

        • Repair Status & Process Project:  Vacant

        • Salvage Committee:  Don Porter (URG)

        • SCAN Committee:  Darrell Amberson

        • Scheduling:  David McCreight

        • Subrogation Committee: Vacant

        • Total Loss Committee: Phil Martinez

    • Implementation Guides (IGs)

      • No New IG’s for this month

    • IG Appendix Cs

      • No New Appendix Cs for this month

    • Semi-annual Meetings

      • Semi Annual Meetings held First Week of December

        • Reviewed with the Committees that the Semi Annual meetings would be working committee meetings held for inactive committees to make sure they were aware of anything new and to see if there was any work to be done for the committee.

        • Informed committees that the Technical CIECAST would cover the content that used to be discussed in the Semi Annual meeting with a new format that would be more informative and educational.

      • Technical CIECAST was be held December 15

      • Semi Annual meeting will be sent out for April for inactive committees.

      • Technical CIECAST April 2021

  • SAB VOTING ITEMS

    • Charters & Business Plans

      • No New Charters & Business Plans this month

    • Project Proposals

      • No new Projects this month

    • Workflows

      • No new Workflows this month

    • Implementation Guides & Appendix C

      • No new Implementation Guides and Appendix C

  • Other Documents

    • Data Dictionary was turned over to Toyota with data elements with Stars compared to BMS.

    • CIECA EMS and BMS Product Overview.

  • Old & New Business

    • No Old Business

Meeting Minutes

  • Anti-Trust Statement was approved

  • Previous meeting minutes were accepted

  • SAB Meeting Guidelines

    • Jira Reports

      • Reviewed the 2020 SAB Jira report on the SAB Committee Confluence Page. Showed all the work that was marked completed since the last meeting.

      • The 2020 SAB Jira report will be removed from the SAB Committee Confluence Page after this meeting.

      • Reviewed the 2021R1 Jira report on the SAB Committee Confluence Page.

      • An announcement was sent out about the Architecture Code List Sync Project to get feedback from all committees.

    • ALL COMMITTEES

      • Review Active Committees

        • Architecture Committee

          • The JMS project was renamed CAPIS and needs Board approval of new name.

            • CIC mentioned JMS in the CIC meetings last week, so we need to get the new name out as soon as possible.

          • The Architecture Committee meeting will be used for the CAPIS project.

          • Reviewed the CAPIS Confluence page and the Draft of the Business Plan.

        •  Recycled Parts & Inventory (RPI) Committee

          • Reviewing the Code List Sync Project

          • Continuing to look at ways Battery and Emerging Technology is impacted the Recyclers.

        • Emerging Technologies Adhoc Committee

          • CIC also has an Emerging Technologies Committee, should we name CIECAS different to prevent confusion.

            • CIC Emerging Technologies is bringing information to the industry and not providing solutions. They are being broken down into 2 categories, Digital and Analog.

            • The group confirmed that CIECA Emerging Technology Data Standards Committee is a better name for the CIECA committee.

        • Education Sub-Committee

          • CIECA Video

            • Draft Script has been proposed.

            • Need to look for company to create the video.

            • Calibration used Airpro , they took Gene Lopez concept and turned it into a successful video.

          • Security and Privacy White Page document

            • Paul created a White Page document to go over the concerns of security in the industry.

            • Dan Risley proposed a new committee to discuss this topic and Paul and members of the CIECA Board, agree this may be something a new committee would be better for than Education Committee.

          • CIECAST

            • Tomorrow we have a CIECAST for EVS.

            • Feburary is a CIECAST for our new API Standards

            • March is Mitchell

            • April is 2020R1

      • Implementation Mode/Inactive Committees:

        • Should we look to activate these committees?

          • There is a push to reactivate members in committees.

          • We do see with the new CAPIS project, that most committees will be activated to get the data and messages they need in the open API format.

          • The December Semi Annual meeting was to draw interest in committees and to let them know that we would be reactivating soon.

          • Should we look at new chairperson(s) for inactive committees?

            • Since committees have been inactive for some time, when we activate we will reach out to the current chairperson to see if they want to continue on in the role or find a new chairperson.

          • Photo Estimate has grown a lot, do we need to do anything?

            • We will reach out to the committee again in April, unless they send CIECA a request sooner.

          • Repair Order Project, Mike Hastings informed the group he is happy to stay active on the committee to help, but has been removed from that section of the industry for years. It may be better to have a co-chair from Caliber or Enterprise, which use the messages on a regular basis.

          • Glass we may look at adding more industry areas, recently we found out that Mitchell has glass repair.

    • Implementation Guides (IGs)

      • No New IG’s for this month

    • IG Appendix Cs

      • No New Appendix Cs for this month

    • Semi-annual Meetings

      • Semi Annual Meetings held First Week of December

        • Reviewed with the Committees that the Semi Annual meetings would be working committee meetings held for inactive committees to make sure they were aware of anything new and to see if there was any work to be done for the committee.

        • Informed committees that the Technical CIECAST would cover the content that used to be discussed in the Semi Annual meeting with a new format that would be more informative and educational.

      • Technical CIECAST was be held December 15

      • Semi Annual meeting will be sent out for April for inactive committees.

  • SAB VOTING ITEMS

    • Charters & Business Plans

      • No New Charters & Business Plans this month

    • Project Proposals

      • No new Projects this month

    • Workflows

      • No new Workflows this month

    • Implementation Guides & Appendix C

      • No new Implementation Guides and Appendix C

  • Other Documents

    • Data Dictionary was turned over to Toyota with data elements with Stars compared to BMS.

    • Reviewed the Draft CIECA EMS and BMS Product Overview.

      • We may need to make this document smaller to protect the IP more, but this is a great start to help show the industry what data elements CIECA has.

  • Old & New Business

    • No Old Business

Great meeting everyone, we finished 15 minutes early for everyone to get a little more time back for Monday.

Up Next

  • Antitrust Agreement and Meeting minutes acceptance

  • SAB Meeting Guidelines

    • Jira Reports

    • Review Committees

    • Semi Annual Meeting

  • SAB Voting Items

    • None

  • Other Documents

    • Data Dictionary

    • EMS and BMS Product Review

  • Old Business

    • None

Action items

Decisions

 

Participants

  • @Paulette Reed - Scribe

  • Darrell Amberson

  • Stacey Phillips

  • Paul Barry

  • Steve Betley

  • Jeff Schroder

  • Benjamin Davis

  • Mike Hastings

 

 

 

Participants in the meetings are noted for your information.  If you have questions on the committee’s activities, please contact a recent attendee. https://cieca.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SAB